For Students Admitted to the Webster Thailand Cha-Am/Hua Hin Campus
Freshmen Students are required to reside in University Housing at the Cha-Am/Hua Hin Campus: All first-year students and Study Abroad students at the Cha-Am campus, including those transferring in less than 31 credit hours from a college or university, are required to stay in University Housing for two semesters (four terms).
See further below for housing exceptions.
Transfer students may reside at Sala Housing or arrange for their own local housing.
Guaranteed Exemptions: Students who meet one of the following criteria are exempt from the housing requirement:
- Students who are at least 23 years during their first semester/term at the Cha-Am Campus.
- Students who live with parents in Cha-Am/Hua Hin areas.
- Students who are married and living with spouse in Cha-Am/Hua Hin areas.
- Students who live with dependent children in Cha-Am/Hua Hin areas.
Other Exemption: Any other student seeking an exemption from the housing requirement for a different reason, must submit the Request for Exemption from Housing Requirement Form along with any supporting documents to the Rector. The student will receive a written notification from the Housing Department whether his or her exemption request has been approved or denied.
For Students Admitted to the Webster Thailand Bangkok Center
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT HOUSING
Undergraduate students at Bangkok Center are provided with housing option at A Sleep Residence Sathorn which is walking distance away from Webster University Bangkok Center.
A Sleep Residence is a serviced apartment conveniently located about 350 meters from Webster's Bangkok Academic Center at Empire Tower Retail Wing, Sathorn, Bangkok. Students can enjoy furnished rooms of approximately 20-25 sqm, equipped with cable TV, fridge, air-conditioner, water heater, microwave and private bathroom.
The residence also offers coin-in laundry and drinking water machines, 24-hour security and CCTV. Situated in the heart of the busy Sathorn business district, students can find anything and everything in walking distance!
Address: 99/99, Soi Sathorn 9, Yannawa, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120
For more information, click here!
GRADUATE STUDENT HOUSING
Webster University Thailand does not own its housing or dormitory in Bangkok for graduate level students. However, we can assist students to find the housing in Bangkok according to the housing budget provided by the students in the confirmations form.
Additional Information on Housing
All Students are responsible to pay the utility bills directly to the housing at the end of every month. Only rent is paid to Webster.
Failure to pay the bills on time will result in additional charges, Thai Financial Hold and/or temporary cut of all utilities.
While cleaning is provided by the university 1 time per week, students are required to maintain basic levels of hygiene. Any cost of damages to the property will be borne by the student. Additional cleaning or missing the scheduled cleaning will lead to an additional 300 Baht charge per cleaning.
Students are not allowed to have guests in their rooms for overnight stay. If family members of those residing in Single Rooms want to stay with the student, the request needs to be made 48 hours in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org and the additional cost needs to be paid to the university in due time.
- No toiletries are provided at the housings (toothbrush, toothpaste, towels, toilet papers, soap, shampoo etc).
- All utility bill charges are subject to change with prior notice by property management.
- A refundable Caution Deposit of 5,000 Baht ($147) for DOUBLE OCCUPANCY and 10,000 Baht ($294) for SINGLE accommodation is charged when moving into the Student Housing.
- Additional utility bills for water and electricity may range between 1,500-4,000 Baht ($44-$118) per month depending on consumption.
- Please note, rooms are subject to availability and Student Housing is billing per semester, similar to tuition & other fees.
- Students who occupy the rooms during summer term or beyond the move out dates will be charged half-semester (term) rates applicable.
- Housing Deposit refund process starts only after student has completely moved out from the room. The process takes anywhere between 3 to 8 weeks depending on the condition of the room, financial procedures and university holidays.
- Bed Linen Fees of 1,000 Baht will be deducted from the housing deposit once the student files for housing deposit refund.